Bhutan Highland Tour
Day 01 Arrive at Paro (Altitude 2280 m.):
- You will be received Wangchuck.
- Changangkha Monastby the Representative from Yak Adventure Travel at the airport and drive to Thimphu.
- After lunch, visit Memorial Chorten,a monument dedicated to the Third King of Bhutan, Late His Majesty, King Jigme Dorji ery,
- Takin Preserve centre and Sangay Gang view point,
- The Largest and tallest statue of Buddha in the world, Buddha Point
- Tashichho Dzong.
Day 02 Thimphu – Paro:(Altitude 2320 m, Distance 52 kms,):
- Visit the National Library, which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts, followed by
- Visit to Painting School, famous for carving and free hand art and Folk Heritage Museum.
- Visit to Handicrafts Emporium to see the exquisite artistry of traditional crafts and textiles. In the evening, drive to Paro.
Day 03 Paro sightseeing: (Altitude 2280 m):
- After early breakfast, excursion to Taktsang Monastery: This incredible monastery clings to the edge of a sheer rock cliff that plunges 900 meters into the valley below.
- Legend has it that Guru Padmasambhava, the tantric mystic who brought Buddhism to Bhutan in 747 AD, flew here on the back of a flying tigress, who is said to be the transformed form of one of his consorts
- After Lunch,visit Drukgyel dzong, now in ruins was built by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to commemorate the victory over the Tibetan invaders in1644; the dzong name means “Victorious Druk”.
- Then visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the Bhutan’s oldest and most sacred monasteries dating from the introduction of Buddhism in the 8th century,
- After lunch, visit Ta dzong, an ancient watchtower, which has been, since 1967, the national museum of Bhutan then visit Rimpung Dzong (Paro Dzong) built in 1646 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. The Dzong presently houses administrative offices.
Day 04 Departure (Altitude 2280 m):
- After breakfast, drive to the Airport and Farewell
Trip Duration: 4
Max. Altitude 2320 m
We would be happy to help you!
+977 1 402739